I’ve been poppin tags long before Macklemore only had $20 in his
pocket.
Thrift
store/second hand shopping was a way of life for me growing up. It was also a
necessity during my college years. I love clothes and shopping, but I also had
to pay for boarding, books, and tuition. Second hand shopping gave me the
ability to shop without breaking my budgets.
Here are three reasons why I
love secondhand shopping and why you should try
secondhand shopping too!
1. Save Money
Secondhand shopping is incredibly gently on your budget. You’d be
surprised how far $30 -$50 takes you. This embroidered Ella Moss dress was
originally $198 and I snagged it from ThredUp for literally $24! That’s a $174
savings. There’s no way I would have bought this dress for almost $200…so I was
so excited when I got it at an 87% discount!
2. Stay on Top of Trends
Trends these days come by so fast that it can be hard to keep up
with them – especially keep up with your budget. Instead of trying to keep up
with every trend out there, I select a few that work for my style.
One of my favorite trends this season is
embroidery. I love the embroidered bomber jackets and shirts making their way
through the fashion scene. I specifically had this trend in mind as I was going
through ThredUp. When I found this embroidered dress, I knew I needed to have
it. It wasn’t the typical embroidered flowers or birds, but the patterned
embroidery really caught my attention.
Here are a few trends to watch for this season when shopping
secondhand:
- Camo or leopard prints
- Off the shoulder tops
- Bell sleeves
3. The Thrill of the Shopping Hunt
I love secondhand shopping both in person and online. I love
finding new treasures especially if they are affordable! I honestly get so
excited finding a great deal and refreshing my wardrobe for the season.
To me, secondhand shopping is such a fun way to shop and save. I
recently discovered and collaborated with ThredUp for this post. I absolutely
love their site because you can find both designer, casual, work wear,
accessories and more on their site. I didn’t realize that I could secondhand
shop from the comfort of my own home! ThredUp is now one of my go to places to
find great secondhand items.
Outfit details:
Ella Moss Dress – ThredUp / ThredUp Blog
Dolce Vita Heels – Nordstrom Rack
Grey Hat – Target
Thank you for reading!
Love,
Emma
Photos: Jenna Lynn Photography
This post was made in collaboration with ThredUp. All the opinions are my own.
This post was made in collaboration with ThredUp. All the opinions are my own.















No comments :
Post a Comment